TUESDAY, NOV. 17 – Performance: Composing in an Oral Mode
- Jonathan Adams, “Preaching about an Absent Minority: Medieval Danish Sermons and Jews” (9 pages, online course reserves)
- Everything’s an Argument – Ch 14: “Visual and Multimedia Arguments” (Pt 2: 334-43)
- Compose, Design, Advocate, 266-7 & 280-1 (online course reserves)
- Blog post due by 10:00 a.m. In your blog post, first write a few sentences considering the way text/image/voice interact in today’s reading (the Danish sermons Adams discusses). Then, create an outline for your multimodal presentation. Using today’s other readings, provide a preliminary plan for the textual and visual elements of your multimodal presentation.
- Part of class will be devoted to a peer editing workshop for your multimodal presentation plans.
- Finalize grading criteria for multimodal presentation. A working list of criteria is available here.
- Form for submission of potential assessment questions during class.
THURSDAY, NOV. 19 – Revising Strategies
- Donald M. Murray, “The Maker’s Eyes: Revising Your Own Manuscripts” (online course reserves)
- Arguing about Literature – Ch 4: “The Writing Process” (Pt 2: 106-8)
- Bring the first two papers (either rhetorical or visual analysis & materiality analysis) you will revise in your final portfolio along with the comments you received on each one.
- Take notes on the readings and highlight strategies for revision that you will use in your final portfolio. Bring a hard copy of these notes to class.