TUESDAY, SEPT. 1
- Arguing about Literature – Ch 3: “The Reading Process” (70-88). Read 70-73 and 81-88, including the Lynda Hull poem and exercises. You do not need to complete the writing exercises, but think through the prompts.
- Khan Academy’s “A beginner’s guide to medieval Europe” (link to website)
- The Life of St George (link to text in Medieval Sourcebook online)
- Outline the narrative of The Life of St George and write two follow-up questions about the Khan Academy reading. Bring a hard copy to class.
THURSDAY, SEPT. 3
- Arguing about Literature – Ch 2: “How to Argue about Literature” (34-69). Read through page 57. Be prepared to participate in the exercises on Daniel Orozco’s “Orientation” and Jamaica Kincaid’s “Girl.” You do not need to complete these exercises at home.